Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Siem Reap, Cambodia

I think I've been traveling a lot lately. I just came back from Cambodia on Monday so yes, this post will be all about my Cambodia trip. I didn't go to Pnom Penh, only Siem Reap. I think we both made a really huge mistake by deciding to visit Siem Reap for 5 days 4 nights. 4 days 3 nights would be sufficient, to be honest. This is going to be a brief post because I haven't transferred the photos from my camera to my phone so no photos (maybe just one or two) for now.

Weather
According to the tuk-tuk driver, January is their 'high season'. We traveled on the tuk-tuk at 5 in the morning (Cambodia is one hour behind Malaysia by the way) and it was freaking cold. Exactly like the weather in Genting and Cameron Highlands. The weather in the afternoon is the same as Malaysia's hot and humid weather. The air pollution there is quite bad too.

Currency
Cambodian Riel or USD is acceptable over there. USD1 is equivalent to 4000Riel.

Language
Most Cambodians know how to speak basic English. Even the poorest people over there know how to speak English. I'm truly amazed.

Food
By the end of the second day, I was pretty certain that the food sucks. But then I came across this stall near my hotel which served cheap and tasty food. That plate of thick mee hoon completely changed my view on Cambodian food. Haha.Yes, it was that tasty.

Honestly, I don't know what else to talk about Cambodia but one thing's for sure; you need to pay for everything. Anyway, I guess I'll just wait for my photos to be transferred from my camera before writing down my itinerary for the trip. :)

With love at the entrance of Angkor Archaeological Park. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment