Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Jumbled up thoughts

Latest achievements:

  1. Learned to eat cucumber. (Previously I only eat Japanese cucumbers in sushi)
  2.  Learned to drive around KL without Waze.
  3. Starting to get used to KL's traffic.

Second week of work and I'm still quite free for the time being. Gonna be engaged with a new assignment soon. (yes, I'm going to be engaged soon) Have to travel all the way to PFCC in Puchong for the upcoming 2 weeks to audit. Auditing is.. so far so good. I don't think I'll stay at the office until late night even though I have a lot of things to complete. I'm just not that hardworking. Haha. I'm sorry, boss. 

A friend of mine lent me a book and asked me to finish it. He said that I'm always being negative and it's difficult for me to see the bright side of things. That is undeniably true but I can't help it. I can't control my thoughts, you know? Sometimes it's frustrating that all those unpleasant thoughts are playing in my head.  So he thought that this book might be able to help me to break free from so-called self-defeating emotional habits. Anyways, the title of the book is 'Mind Whispering' by Tara Bennett-Goleman. In this book, she talks about modes. 

Modes are distinct orchestrations of how we feel and think, what we desire and where we focus our attention, what we perceive and how we behave.

We rarely notice that modes distorts our experience. Of course there are various types of modes and I was really shocked when I found out what my mode was. The Anxious Mode. I was like, wth. Let's just say that this mode has more negative sides to it and it is very bad. I'm going to force myself to finish the book asap so that I can at least find a way to fix my problems. Haha. 

"You can't solve a problem with the state of mind that created the problem" - Albert Einstein 

Enough of that. Let's talk about something else.

Gosh, my blog post is never ever going to be structured. Too long never write essay already.

CNY is around the corner but I'm not quite excited about it this year because.. I don't know. I just don't feel any excitement at all. Finally applied for my CNY leave so I'm going back to Penang on the 16th and driving back to KL together with JH on the 21st. Valentine's Day is around the corner too! But both of us are going to make it a simple one this year. :)

By the way, I just paid the deposit for my rented room so most probably gonna move in by the end of next month. So many things to settle. Help. Pray that all things will be smooth.

My birthday is coming up too! Just want to spend the day with you and indulge in yummy cake. <3 Haha.

Goodnight. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment